City of Lebanon, TN is hiring for a professional and experienced Waste Water Treatment Plant Manager. Reporting to the Utilities Director, the Manager supervises a team of 15, directs the operation of a wastewater treatment plant, including the various phases of administration operations, maintenance activities, and regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Plans, directs, and review the work of operating and maintenance plant personnel.
• Inspects the treatment plant periodically to ensure that equipment is functioning properly, and checks efficiency of Plant Maintenance Mechanics in operating and repairing machinery.
• Checks and reviews plant log records, gauges, meters and other plant measuring and testing devices to see that equipment is functioning properly.
• Participates in developing plans for wastewater upgrades, including equipment replacement and plant expansion.
• Ensures standard operating procedures are developed by staff for operations, maintenance, laboratory, and regulatory divisions and that staff are trained and tested on the procedures.
• Oversees adjustments and repairs of equipment to obtain optimum results.
• Ensures general physical properties of the WWTP are kept to standard.
• Conducts and supervises on-the-job training and career development of assigned personnel.
• Compiles payroll and operating data for City reports.
• Prepares budget and expenditure estimates and reports.
• Maintains personnel attendance and payroll records, inventory control and various other records and reports incident to the operation.
• State and Federal report oversight, review, due diligence prior to signed approval.
• Develops safety calendar and leads implementation of TOSHA required safety programs.
• Makes certain that operations and procedures comply with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, EPA and OSHA regulations.
• May be required to attend council meetings and council work sessions after normal business hours, as directed by the Utilities Director.
• Supervises the Fat, Oil, Grease, and Trap Program and Pre-treatment Program.
• Assist with landfill regulatory compliance.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, engineering or related field, from an accredited college or university is required.
Experience – Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience within a similarly sized Waste Water Treatment Facility is required.
Certification – Grade IV Wastewater Operator’s Certification is required OR must obtain required certification within 24 months from date of hire.
Driver’s License – Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License and clear motor vehicle records. Or ability to obtain a Tennessee Driver’s License within 30 days of hire.
Residency – Must reside in Wilson County, TN or within a 30-minute response time of the Wastewater Treatment Plant
This position is salaried exempt for purposes of wage and hour. This WWTP Manager is subject to call back for emergencies or severe weather events. Starting salary range is $90,000 to $106,000 annualized – DOQ, with full benefits and retirement package that includes a generous PTO, 13 paid holidays, health, dental, vision, life, disability, pension and 401k
Apply online here https://tn-lebanon.civicplushrms.com/CareerPortal/JobDetail.aspx?RequisitionId=100411&SourceId=2202