Posting Date: March 5, 2021
Position Title: Field Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Description: The FMT will work with other employees on the Water Distribution staff to quickly carry out assigned work orders that may include; maintenance of equipment, repairs to water mains, installation or relocation of water services and construction of new water mains. In addition, the FMT is responsible for resolving problems that may affect the delivery of water services to customers during regularly schedule business day; which is Monday thru Friday (8:00am to 4:00pm EST). A rotating on-call schedule is required for this position. The FMT will follow communication procedures, guidelines, policies and other duties as assigned.
Primary Position Requirements:
• Physically able to safely operate a variety of tools and equipment.
• Physical demand requirements are for very heavy work
• Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
• Familiarity with construction and maintenance type work
• Customer service and ability to adapt and respond to changing situations
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Experience: Preference for construction or similar experience.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certifications & Licenses: Preference for TN Water Distribution license and Class A CDL.
Work Environment: 100% outdoors.
Position Type: Full time, non-exempt
Pay range: Dependent upon experience and qualifications
Apply in person at North West Utility District office, 9905 Dayton Pike, Soddy Daisy, TN 37379. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or go to our website to receive an application www.nwud.net .