TDEC Environmental Consultant 1
Division of Water Resources
Jackson Environmental Field Office
Annual Salary Range: $51, 552 – $82,464
Looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative team in Tennessee State government? Interested in protecting our environment, public health, and water quality? The Division of Water Resources has a position in our Jackson Environmental Field Office (EFO) which will work in a diverse team environment with other EFO staff as well as directly with our regulated community in a multi-county area. If you enjoy working with people, this opportunity serves as a contact for a professional customer base primarily in the public drinking water sector.
This position requires fieldwork in and around public drinking water treatment and distribution facilities. The position will require working in the field in all weather conditions on uneven terrain and with frequent day travel. The position requires excellent communication, customer focus, critical thinking, and organizational skills. The preferred candidate will have experience and knowledge of the Federal Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act, and Uniform Administrative Requirements, project management, and an understanding of water and wastewater infrastructure and system operations. Preferred competencies include the ability to measure performance against goals and evaluate results, ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and exhibit high integrity and good judgment. To apply for this position: http://www.tn.gov/careers.
- Conduct sanitary surveys on public and private drinking water treatment and distribution systems.
- Apply state and federal drinking water regulations, guidance documents, and handbooks to effectively guide and advise the customers we serve.
- Perform organized and professional records reviews at permitted drinking water facilities as part of a complete survey. Score water systems based on surveys performed and according to the rules.
- Assist in additional Division-wide programs as requested by management to support the mission of the Agency and Division
- Assist Drinking Water facilities and citizens with technical drinking water issues and complaints.
- Provide technical leadership for staff working in the Drinking Water Unit of the Jackson Field Office.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.