(931) 436-9006 (direct line)
Pay range: $13.61 – $19.60 hourly; $16.80 – $24.20 with certifications
Winchester Utility System is a public utility chartered by the city of Winchester. We are proud to serve our Customers and Community with safe, reliable, and affordable Utility services. WUS is focused on providing a safe, healthy working environment for our employees and providing the tools they need to succeed. We provide a multitude of training and development opportunities and offer our employees the opportunity to obtain State-licensed certifications to develop skills and enhance their value. To ensure we offer competitive wages and benefits, we benchmark our policies against many industry, area, state, and national reports.
We are currently hiring for Maintenance Technician for our Water & Wastewater departments. The water & wastewater maintenance technicians are responsible for constructing and maintaining water distribution and wastewater collection systems including the installation and repair of water/wastewater mains, pipe lines, valves, and related system components. Must be in compliance with all state, local, and federal requirements. Valid driver’s license required. CDL Class B preferred, but not required.
This is for a full-time position with excellent benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance and long-term disability, multiple retirement plan opportunities, vacation time, sick time, and 13 paid holidays. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we also offer advanced, objective reviews that factor directly into compensation. Apply online or in our office at 219 2nd Ave NW, Winchester.
- Construct and maintain water distribution and wastewater collection systems including the installation and repair of water/wastewater mains, pipe lines, valves, and related system components
- Operate equipment, clean trucks, maintain the safe and secure storage of trucks and equipment and properly dispose of waste
- Load and unload materials, transport them throughout the work area
- May be required to operate heavy equipment
- Customer Service
- 6-S (6-Sigma: Sort, Simplify, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety)
- Assures all operating policies and procedures are adhered to
HS Diploma or equivalent
- CDL Class B preferred
- Extended periods of sitting/standing; occasional lifting 20-50 pounds; frequent lifting <20 pounds; bending, reaching, stooping, and other ranges of motion as needed to carry out job function