Certification/Training Frequently Asked Questions
Is the “Board Sanctioned Comprehensive” training required after two failed attempts at an exam the same as the “Board Sanctioned Comprehensive” training approved for Operation Experience and if so, does it have to be classroom training or can it be webinar?
Board decision: The term "Board Sanctioned Comprehensive Training" applies to the training required after two failed attempts and to the training classes that substitute for operating experience. Webinars can qualify.
Does the Board Sanctioned Comprehensive training required after two failed attempts have to be a single class or can it be a combination of two or more approved classes?
Board decision: It can be a combination of Board Sanctioned Comprehensive classes.
If a person acquires Board Sanctioned Comprehensive training after ONE failed exam attempt, does that “reset” the requirement? In other words, is that person allowed two more failed attempts before mandatory training?
Board decision: No, training attained after one failed attempt does not reset the process. Mandatory training is required after two failed attempts even if training was acquired after one failed attempt.
If I participate in a TAUD Training Webinar, how do I insure that I will receive credit for attendance?
Webinars are approved training classes just as classroom training. However, it is mandatory that you attend the webinar 100% of the time. That means that you cannot work at your regular job or work on other projects, while you listen to the webinar. You must make the webinar the sole priority for the length of the webinar.
- During the webinar you will be monitored on how long you are logged into the webinar and you also must answer all the random poll questions during the webinar.
- The poll questions document you are active during the webinar. Once the webinar is completed, TAUD will download a webinar report from Zoom that shows your information.
- If you need continuing education credits, you will have the option to complete an on-line form to collect your certification ID and the license you want to apply the credit to.
- If you need hours for experience or for any other reason, a certificate of completion will be sent to you.
Can we participate in a TAUD Training Webinar as a group and everyone still get credit since we cannot all answer the poll questions?
Yes, if there are multiple people that want to watch the webinar as a group, you can request a "Multi-Viewer" form from TAUD. This form will require a monitor's signature of a Supervisory level position and the monitor must be present throughout entire seminar.
When scheduling an appointment, “NN number” will be used for your Assigned ID#. The NN number is a nine digit number with the first two digits beginning NN and the last 5 or 6 digits being their operator ID# and the numbers between the NN and the operator ID# being 0’s.
You may schedule an examination appointment by one of the following methods:
- If using a credit card for payment, visit our website at http://schedule.psiexams.com or call (833) 256-1420 to schedule an examination appointment.
- Mail your registration form (available online at http://schedule.psiexams.com) to PSI with the examination fee (paid by cashier's check, money order or company check; no personal checks accepted). Then, call PSI at (833) 256-1420 at least 7-10 business days after mailing your registration form to schedule an examination appointment.
Can’t find your question? Please contact Brent Ogles at 615.900.1000