WHAT IS LIHWAP (LOW-INCOME HOUSEHOLDS WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM)?
- LIHWAP is the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program.
- The Program aims to assist low-income households and seniors with the payment of water and wastewater bills.
- Program is federally funded with $25 Million to be administered across the state by the Tennessee Housing Development Agency.
- Priority assistance given to eligible households to restore service or prevent water service disconnections.
- Provides funds directly to the Utility to bring the customer’s account current.
- One-time payment assistance each Program year.
- Administered through a network of 19 local community service agencies that reach all 95 counties.
- Find your local community service agency by clicking the agency list Link or by looking at the map.
- Set up a New Vendor Agreement with your local community service agency.
- EXAMPLE: See what an example of a vendor agreement looks like. Here.
- (You will need to get an agreement from your local agency)
- EXAMPLE: See an example of what an Agency Communication looks like: Here.
- (You may receive a similar email from your local agency)
- Eligibility determined by the community service agency.
- Send people their way and they will handle the rest.
- Direct your financially challenged customers to resources that can provide them relief.
- Will provide you a direct reimbursement for challenged accounts.
For additional Information please email: email@example.com