WHAT IS THE NRWA PFAS MULTI-DISTRICT LITIGATION (MDL) – QUICK FACTS
- Federal multi-district litigation filed by NRWA against PFAS manufacturers.
- Reason: To compensate public water systems for the testing, treatment, and remediation costs of removing PFAS products in public drinking water caused by the manufacturers of these products.
- Systems joining the litigation will pay nothing if no recovery or settlement is reached. This is normal for big lawsuits.
- The law firm bears all of the risk of any expenses incurred in the litigation.
- The law firm’s contingency fee and litigation expenses will be paid from any recovery received but only if there is a recovery.
- If your water system is affected by PFAS, then EPA and TDEC regulations requiring testing, treatment and remediation are the financial responsibility of the system
- This lawsuit could be a vital resource in assisting systems in paying for testing, treatment and remediation which would otherwise be borne by the system’s ratepayers.
- Systems and their communities should not have to bear the burden of these costs.
- The ONLY way a system will get part of a settlement, if it succeeds, is to join the litigation.
- ASAP – Settlement negotiations have begun. Once the case is settled or litigated, it will be too late.
- Learn more about the multi-district litigation here: NRWA PFAS
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – JOIN THE LAWSUIT
- (The only way your system will receive funding if the lawsuit is successful)
- Example of the retainer: Click Here
NRWA – MULTI-DISTRICT LITIGATION (MDL) FAQ: