IMMEDIATE OPENING: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – WHITE HOUSE UTILITY DISTRICT
White House Utility District (WHUD) has an opening for a maintenance technician. This position is responsible for performing tasks to support the operation of facilities across the District’s water distribution and wastewater collection system. The starting pay for this position is $20/hour. Wages may be negotiated based on prior experience, applicable certifications and licenses and other credentials.
Typical activities of a maintenance technician include:
- Performing facility inspections each month
- Climbing and inspecting water tanks
- Performing general housekeeping and grounds keeping at all water and wastewater facilities
- Completing basic repairs
- Responding to and resolving service issues, including emergency calls after hours.
To qualify, a candidate must have a high school diploma, basic electrical knowledge, and a valid driver’s license. Candidates must also pass a thorough and extensive background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Candidates must be able to meet all physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to:
- Performing work under physically demanding conditions with daily exposure to wastewater
- Working in small, cramped and confined spaces
- Climbing ladders and stairs and performing work at varying elevations up to 200 feet
- Lifting and moving objects weighing up to 100 pounds
WHUD is committed to investing in our people; we want to see you grow and succeed. We do this by offering the education, training, and tools you need to succeed. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick time); medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance; retirement contributions; tuition assistance; and more.
White House Utility District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace participant.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: