CITY OF PIGEON FORGE
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The City of Pigeon Forge Department of Public Works is accepting applications for a Full-Time Water Plant Operator, Starting Pay: $15.57/hr-$20.72/hr (DOE/Operator License). The city offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.
Job Description: This is skilled technical work involving the operation of water pumping and purification equipment located in the water treatment plant for the City of Pigeon Forge. Activities associated with the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with monitoring and adjusting plant operations
- Troubleshooting and maintaining plant equipment
- Recording and maintaining plant operation records and performing laboratory tests
- Assisting with the oversight of water pumps, motors, chlorinators, filters and chemical feeders
- Collecting water samples from designated points
- Replenishing treatment equipment with chemicals and keeping basins free of foreign matter
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited four year high school supplemented with additional training and experience in water treatment plant operations; a Water Plant Operator III or IV license is preferred; some knowledge of the repair and maintenance of the mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components of water treatment plants preferred; knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions of the work; skill in the use of hand and power tools utilized in adjusting system and plant components; good organizational, interpersonal and decision making skills;; valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
Mail Application/Resume to: City of Pigeon Forge, Human Resource Department, P.O. Box 1350, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868-1350 or Applications can be completed online at http://cityofpigeonforgetn.gov under the Human Resources Link. Closing Date 6/22/22.